3.23.2010

confession

Seriously, I'm such a Facebook junkie.

Not only do I like to see what people I know are doing, what they are about to do, or what they have done already. But ... I love to secretly stalk people.

I'm SO sick.

I love to look up people that I might know from the past. Typically either those that are sworn enemies or those who were a secret crush of some sort. I don't like to connect with them, but I just like to look them up and see if I find them. Sometimes I would find them and lurk around their profile, gasping at what they might look like now and occasional snickers at a few that did not age gracefully or gasps at some that the time has done good for them.

So far, I have snickered at alot of past crushes and gasps at a few enemies. How do some people get better looking with age?

Do you stalk on these social networking sites?

3 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I don't stalk, pretty much because I can't remember anyone's name!

People have asked me to be friends, and I've had to say, "Now who are you again?" It's pretty sad--my poor memory.

One time, I found a former flame's daughter by chance and looked at her pics, and there he was. I felt...

nothing.

It was good! (But is that stalking?)

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Oh, last year someone posted the pics from my class reunion (30 years, I did attend because I can't remember anyone!), and I was stunned at how old everyone looked. I had an Erica Kane moment where I made the hubs and the son look at the pics to tell me I didn't look as old.

They agreed, and I like to think they were being honest...

That's worse than stalking, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Guilty as charged. Every time I see that "We want Facebook to tell us when someone looks at our profile" group I worry...