For almost the past week, I've been trying something new.
I've been trying to get A & C to sleep together in the same room.
Ever since we knew we were having a second girl, we've envisioned having the two girls eventually share a room together. Not just for bonding experiences but selfishly, it frees up an empty room in our 3 room home for our home office. We currently have our home office junk literally stuffed into our master. Which makes our master bedroom really really REALLY crowded.
Anyhoo... back to trying to get the girls to share a room.
I am absolutely loving it! I can read the bedtime stories to both of them in bed at the same time... and it really is a boding experience. (Our current fav is 'Waking Beauty' - which is a twist on the fairy tale 'sleeping beauty'.) I would then tuck them in and work on my laptop while they fall asleep.
This is great! I now can not just put them to bed, but also steal about 15 to 20 minutes all to myself in silence while I catch up on some reading/surfing/blogging.
Now.... the trick is to get Ashley to agree to this sleeping arrangement permanently. She is still holding on to her 'room' because that's where she keeps the-important-things-that-Courtney-can't-touch.
Maybe a bribe of Disneyland trip??
3.19.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Buy Ash a safe, some "high" shelves or a new dresser or cabinet that's just for her treasures. Get the same for C. That way they can each have their own spot and learn to respect each other's privacy.
Or, when you create the new office, give Ash a spot in there since she's so awesome at reading and writing!
So tough---changing sleep arrangements usually involves more bribes that say a health care bill ;) (can't believe I just went there!)
I agree, high shelves, or a special locking device that Ash can manipulate but Court cannot. Or a special area in the home office to store her things, but with the caveat that she cannot play in the home office without your permission. You can do this. Be the mom and use the heavy artillery: Because I said so!
Post a Comment