3.18.2010

clothes horse

Some people collect stamps and others might collect rocks. Me... I collect CLOTHES.

I am a clothes horse.

I have always been a clothes whore, I mean - horse and still am. For awhile now, I was in a lull. Not only was I down on my ever increasing waist-line and my busy life as a Mom, that I have somehow thought that I was over that particular addiction, ahem - I mean hobby.

But lately, maybe because of the economy or maybe I started to pay attention again, there are all these very well known designers that started to design for more affordable and widely accessible stores. (And no, I most definitely am not talking about your Olsen twins or Hannah Montana stuff at Walmart.)

I guess it has been a trend for awhile with all these furniture designers and such designing for Target. But now, clothing designers like Jean Paul Gaultier or Rodarte designing for Target and Stella MaCartney for GapKids, quoting Meg Ryan's boyfriend from You've Got Mail, "I can't help myself...'

So anyhow, I have no real point to this post.... this is neither about A or C nor is it about the state of the world today. But then again, maybe it is a public admission that lil poorly dressed me is actually a clothes horse.

3 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

How can you be poorly dressed and have a clothing collection?

olive said...

who says this has to be about A or C all the time? I love reading updates about you :)

Miss Lisa said...

I love clothes too--I am surprised when I find something really cute at Target or Old Navy---and I getting surprised a lot :)