
What is happiness? What does it mean to you? What is it in life that makes you happy?
This afternoon after picking princess up from her dance class, we had some ice cream out on the bench in the sun. We talked, we laughed, we spent a very very happy 1/2 hour together in the sun.
I was happy.
It was a moment that I wish I could have bottled (or at least have taken a picture of) and open it up every time I need to feel 'happy'.
Being an adult, being happy goes hand in hand with reality. I mean, if I have no money I probably wouldn't able to send princess to her dance class or have been able to afford that delicious ice cream cone for her. I might not even have the luxury to take off work early to enjoy the sun with her.
I have always been able to find happiness with the cards I was dealt with. But would I be able to do so if I would be dealt some really tough reality?
Boy, with a rough and sleepless night like tonight, I wish I could have bottled the wonderful time this afternoon and open it up to let out some sunshine, warmth, and happiness.

1 comment:
I read your post earlier this morning, and I opted to not comment. Sometimes I think I preach too much.
When I stepped out of the shower just now, I read the sole piece of art that's in our bathroom.
"Remember this, that very little is needed to make a happy life." Marcus Aurelius
I thought of you. I shoot for contentment with small and savory doses of happy. And, of course, we have to know sad to really know happy.
Hold on to that ice cream moment, and when you're not feeling such glee, remember it.
Post a Comment