When princess was two, she had the terrible twos really REALLY bad. Her tantrums can give supernanny the run for her money. She had tantrums daily and the longest lasted for about 45 minutes and almost each tantrum ends in hysteria and vomiting. (archived here)
That and her night terrors were the reasons why I didn't think we're going to have more than one child. (archived here, here, or here)
Alas, my perfect lil Boo has finally reached that stage. I never thought that this day would come because she is always very logical and reasonable and princess was (and still is) always emotional.
Today, out of the blue in the car on the way home from day care, she started to kick and scream and threw a tantrum over something I have no clue about. (Well, I guess if I had a clue, she probably wouldn't have to throw a tantrum, right?) Anyhow, the tantrum continued from the car into our home and lasted for a good 20 minutes.
Lucky for me, I have had ample training from princess' tantrum days that I learned to block out my emotions and ignored it and let her cry it out. However it still did not stop the headache that followed.
I'm hoping round two will be easier than the round one with princess. But judging from what I saw today, I have my work (with help of Tylenol for me) cut out for me.
*Stock pic from last year ... didn't have time to find my camera today.
But trust me, it looked very similar to this TIMES TWO, or THREE or maybe FOUR *
** Why is it that I've been having so much trouble with the spacing in Blogger lately?? **

2 comments:
Don't hate me, but my son never had a terrible two moment (and no, you cannot blame this claim on my poor memory!)
I remember my sister's tantrums - throwing herself on the floor, kicking and screaming.
In church.
My mom must have been so proud.
Post a Comment