10.16.2006

POPkin


Ash and I went to the Uesugi Pumpkin Farm over the weekend. It was a terrifying thought that I will be taking her out to a place 40 minutes away ALL BY MYSELF.

However, after about 5 minutes into the trip and all is silent in the car... I started to relax. "Maybe this won't be that bad after all!" We arrived at the farm about 40 quiet minutes later all eager to get out of the car. Immediately, she screamed... "OOOOOOOOOOO... POPkin."

We had a great time there, we even waited in line for the pumpkin train. AND yes, I did say 'waited' and 'pumpkin train.' First of all the whole waiting in line concept was very absent just a few weeks ago at Disneyland. When we had a meltdown in line for rides when the princess herself threw a tantrum as she had to wait for the ride ... which eventually caused us to take her out of line kicking and screaming. However this past weekend, she stayed in line with me quietly observing others.

We then had a great time riding on the 'pumpkin' train. No, not a train made out of pumpkin... although that would have been more exciting. It was just a train that went around the pumpkin patch with cheap, imitation-amusement-park-ish decor. But Ash really enjoyed it... she looked around, waved hi at the on-lookers and oooh and aahh as the train whistled. Then I started to panick... 'what if she doesn't want to get off the train ... aka Disneyland?' I don't have E with me to help take her out of the ride kicking and screaming. Once again, I was WRONG! She said bye as the train stopped and we got off without a fuss... she even looked at the other kids that were having a meltdown because they had to get out!

I'm hoping that this past weekend was not a fluke and that she truly is growing up. Because she is so much fun when she behaves! We had a blast!


No comments: