6.08.2007

We've got poop!

For those who do not have kids, this might be hard to understand. But FINALLY after almost a year of coaxing Ash to pee or poop on the training potty without success... "We've got poop!"

Last night, sometime after dinner ....

"Mommy, tummy hurts"
"Do you have to go poop?"
"No." but hesitated for a few seconds and said again, "Yea."
"Do you want to go poop on the potty?"
"Yea"
I was totally caught by surprise, since she typically will tell me no and tell me to go away. (Her way of getting some privacy.)

"Oh, sure, let's go. Hurry!"
We quickly make our way upstairs and I asked, "Do you want the big potty or the little potty?"
(We have the kind that attach to the regular bowl and a free standing kiddie ones.)
"Little potty, Mommy."
Again caught by surprise (she typically wants the one on the adult toilet,) "Sure, let's go."

She sat there for about 10 minutes, in which she had told me to go away and leave her alone, E & I heard a chime (these kiddie training potty comes with chimes when something falls in.) We practically ran to the bathroom and saw her standing up looking at her poop.

E & I jumped in excitement and she said ever so proudly... "Look, I pooped! BIG poopie!"


Funny that it's little moments like that in a parent's life that makes you so proud of your child! I don't recall the last time E & I have jumped for joy like that!

1 comment:

ink said...

Hey, it's a big accomplishment! Very worthy of jumping for joy over. It may seem trivial, but can you imagine the problems if she never learned to poo in the toilet?