Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones or what not, but I was quite blue yesterday. As I was putting Ash down for the night, I was trying very hard to fight back the tears welding up in my eyes.
"Mommy?" she gently touches my face with a concerned look on her face.
"Mommy crying?"
"No, sweetie. Mommy's not crying." I responded trying to force the most normal smile I can.
"Mommy sad....?"
"Yeah, Mommy is a little sad."
"Oh..."
I laid her down in bed and told her I'll check on her in 5 minutes. About 30 minutes later, I went back to check up on her to find her still wide awake clutching to her Ariel doll.
"Honey, it's late, you need to go 'nite-nite."
"Mommy, I wait."
"You wait?"
"I wait Mommy not sad."
At that point, I tried to fight back the tears that wants to stream down my face.
"Honey, Mommy's not sad anymore."
"Ok. I wait Mommy go sleep."
I laid down right next to her, she held my hand and told me, "Go to sleep, Mommy."
"Ok, you close you eyes and go to sleep too." I instructed her.
She fell asleep within minutes.
I stared at her peaceful face for the longest time with no words.

No comments:
Post a Comment