7.20.2007

shoe fetish


Before heading back to a 4 months contracting job before the baby arrives, I had spent my last day searching for a pair of black shoes for Ash. Sad, isn't it? I should be spending this last day of no work and no child doing things that are relaxing and pleasant for me! Needless to say, I spent the day doing nothing remotely relaxing for me.


This morning while watching me surf the net the little princess said to me...

"Mommy, Ashley want black shoe."

"Huh?" I responded

"Want black shoe like _____ (her friend)."

"Oh. I see."

"Want now. Ashley wear to school and show everybody."

"Um... Honey, why don't you go to school and Mommy will go buy you some black shoes?" I absent-mindedly promised her.

"Ok... promise Mommy?"

"Um... ok."

She then left the room seemingly content.


How hard can it be to find black shoes for a little girl? WRONG! It was darn hard! I knew exactly which pair of shoes that her friend wears, in which I thought would make them easier to find. But I really didn't want to pay $60+ for a pair of shoes that I'm not sure if Ash would really want. So I started my search at Nordstroms semi-annual sale.


Getting there at 10am ... I must be early right? WRONG again! The store was packed and merchandise were everywhere. I couldn't find a pair even similar to the ones that she wanted and those that close does not come in her size. After some very discouraging hours at the mall, I ended up going to Payless for a pair of plain black shoes for $9.99 hoping that she won't really want the exact same shoes.


As I sat eating my lunch at after 2pm, I wonder why did I just put myself through all that on my last possible day of freedom without kids or work? Shouldn't I be shopping for ME?


No comments: