meal time. She seems to always refuse to eat her meals with me
(however, not a problem at day care - go figure.) So a month ago I
started implementing the tactic of
"try-everything-on-your-plate-just-one-bite". If she try everything
just once and still doesn't want to eat, she can leave the table. So
far it has worked really well! Almost every time she will find
something on her plate that she'll finish and I'm guaranteed that
she'll eat at least one bite of meat and veggies.
So this past weekend we had some BBQ pork at my Mom's place and using
that technique she tried the pork that she other wise would never
have tried it before. She loved it and ate really well that lunch
time. So when we got home for dinner, I figure ... since she loved it
so much, we should have it again for dinner while it is still
'fresh.'
"Ashley, dinner!"
like every meal, reluctantly, she climbed on her chair
I placed her plate in front of her...
She frowned and looked at me ...
and you'd never guess what she said to me!
"Mommy... pork again?"
Who knew at 3 she can already complain about left-overs!

No comments:
Post a Comment