1.28.2008

i hate winter

I just simply hate the winter season, aka cold & flu season. As my child came home on Friday with something new and not pretty.
 
Friday night, I immediately spotted the signs of a fever. Then comes her endless screaming and cries in the middle of the night about how her head hurts and how 'cold' she is even though she feels hot to the touch. After some forceful convincing, she took the children's Motrin for her fever. The next morning, the fever subsided but now there were signs of it being something more. Her eyes were watery and were draining white goop. Nose got even stuffier than before and her coughs were getting worse. But Saturday was still pretty OK, aside from the mentioned signs of her body fighting something bad. Now Sunday morning, I had a limp daughter that just want to stay in bed all day and was drifting in and out of sleep. You know it must be bad when she agreed to cancel a long awaited play date with a friend.
 
Now, all of this wouldn't be that bad if we didn't have a newborn at home. With the combination of this could be something contagious, a newborn, and a husband that seems to catch everything that Ash brings home, I am preparing myself to have to face taking care of three sick people at the same time. I must say, it sucks to have great immunity and also having to constantly applying antibacterial gels on my hands before caring for the two kids.
 
Oh darn this cold and flu season, bring on Spring and Summer already!
 

No comments: