
When baby and I picked up Ash from her preschool, things were real peachy. She was in a great mood, talking about how much she loves her 'new' class and what they did today. She gets out of the car without a fight and proceeded to enter the house as I unload the baby. To my surprise, as I got indoors that Ash has already taken off of shoes, socks and her jacket. She turns to me and said, "Mommy, look I'm a big girl!" Typically, this is something that I would have to nag for 10 minutes to get her to do.
I went to put the sleeping baby in her room and gave Ash her 5 minute warning for nap time. It was about 10 minutes later when I told her that it's time for her nap that it took a nose dive.
Screaming, kicking, crying about not wanting to go to nap. I gave her a time out where she keeps leaving the spot and swatting at me, yelling and screaming. As what the super nanny would do, I kept on taking her back without saying a word. The swatting, yelling, screaming continues and my heart just sank. Did my child really just hit me and tries to grab my shirt? That insane hysterical child really belongs to me? Where did I go wrong?
After some 20 minutes of the chaos, she calmed down. I sent her to her room for a nap and that's when she asked for milk. I stuck to my guns and told her that it is too late for milk and it's time for her nap. She immediately started to kick and scream again .... I sent her to her room and just trying to remain calm. However, that's when Ash's screaming woke the baby who is now also screaming and crying.
Sitting there just pondering how I am going to survive this thing called parenthood and where did I go wrong with the first born?

No comments:
Post a Comment