For the past few weeks, I have just been soooooo tired all the time. Me and hubby together are just pathetic. The constant blood-shot eyes and the dragging of the feet across our new hardwood floors at 3 or 4am and then again at 6am. (although, our dragging of feet sure is
helping me keep my floors clean... lol!)The way we mumble at each other because we are just so tired.
However since last Friday and through the weekend, Court has been so amazing. I am hoping this is the breakthrough and not the fluke. She has been going down at 8pm and waking up at 6am!
The downside is that now I am so used to waking up at 3, I still wake up every night this weekend at 3am checking in my video monitor to see if she really is sleeping. Did she cry and I just didn't hear it? Wait, is she breathing? I stare closely at the monitor until some kind of movement. I hope that she continues to sleep like that and I can adjust to sleeping through the night again!

5 comments:
my high school friend employed this strategy she learned in some book, and her baby slept through the night by 3 months. i'll have to look up the title. all i know is that right around 3-4 pm, she won't let him sleep. she allows little 15 minute catnaps if he's really drowsy, but keeping him awake till 7 PM means that he sleeps through the night.
I'm saying a pray for you tonight. I hate when my sleep gets interrupted!
If she keeps sleeping through the night **fingers crossed** I bet you'll be sleeping too within a week.
I was lucky my older two slept all night by 6wks and the monkey slept all night be 2wks.
I read Parenting Principles From the Heart of a Pediatrician by William T Slonecker, M.D. while I pregnant with the monkey. The book has a section on getting your baby to sleep after 2wks. I followed what he said religiously and it really did work. I would recommend the book if she goes back to waking up again.
Good luck sweetie. I'll be thinking of ya.
I think you'll adjust to the new sleep schedule. I remember when our little one starting sleeping for 10 hour stretches. It was welcome relief!!!
I hope for your sake it is not a fluke either. Though I am awfully jealous, as my daughter wakes up three or four times a night and she is a year older than Court. Sigh.
oh amy! that must be tough for you to be still waking up so much after over a year! have you exhausted all these sleep training techniques? i hope you have some help at night ... i can't imagine what you are going through!
Post a Comment