4.11.2008

Fight the Frump - makeup primer



Ok Ladies, it's Fight the Frump day! Lately I have been searching for makeup that will give me coverage yet looking natural. I guess post pregnancy skin hasn't been cooperating at all. So with thought of abandoning my 'Bare Minerals' craze, I wanted more. It was just not doing it anymore...

So, the other day I visited my local Nordstroms just to see what these makeup counters can offer me that I don't already own or tried. To my surprise, I sat down for a make-over at the Laura Mercier counter and it turned out great. (OK OK after tissue-ing off some excess makeup after leaving the store - then it looked great.) I found the thing that just might help me with the coverage issue.

The Laura Mercier makeup primer allows my foundation and powder to stay longer and allow them to cling on better. No, I didn't buy everything they slabbed on my face, however I really liked the idea of the primer.

So I headed home with a sample of the primer, I tried it with my current Bare Minerals foundation and Mineral Veil combo. It worked great! The minerals stayed on longer, looked natural, and it almost feels like the primer made my skin smooth so that the minerals can glide on. (I think Bare Minerals have some lotion like that too ... but if I remember correctly, it kinda smells like glue which turned me off.)

Anyway, I think this product is here to stay in my makeup drawer! If you have that same issue with coverage, head on out to your local makeup counter and ask for a sample!

7 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Hmmm sound like something to look into.

Kendra said...

Gotta agree w/Valarie...May need to look into this.

Hope you are having a good day. *Wink* K~

mah-meeee said...

well k, it was a long night last night. i think baby is teething... *yawn*

going to be a long day at work!

Darla said...

I use a product by DHC skin care (only bought on-line) called velvet skin.

Makes pores appear flawless and your skin feels like velvet. Yum!

mah-meeee said...

must try! i would kill to have flawless skin!

thanks for the tip darla!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

I've used Laura Mercier concealer before, and I was really happy with it. I need to look into this primer because I definitely need some help with coverage. The older I get, the more coverage I'm finding I need! :)

PhotoChick said...

I'm just now really getting into makeup, so I'm quite curious to find out about this for myself!

Awesome Frump Fighting! Much love and God Bless!