4.08.2008

runny nose



When I picked Ash up from day care yesterday, her day care lady pointed out to me that Ash had a runny nose. 'Ah crap' I thought to myself. Just when I thought, spring is here and we're in the clear for colds. Maybe, just maybe baby Court can finally live more than 3 days without congestion and phlegm.

After we got home, I needed Ash to entertain Court while I attend to the daily household prep for the night.

"Ash, please go talk to your sister. She loves it when you talk to her."

"Awww... ok, can I play after I talk to her?"

"Sure thing honey, just play with her until she calms down, alright?"

I paused and panicked ...
"Wait, honey! No spitting on your sister, no spraying on your sister, no coughing or sneezing on her either, ok?"

"O. K." She said it in that rolling-her-eyes-type-of-tone.

"Sorry, honey but you have a runny nose." I quickly explained.

"Mah-meeeee, my nose not runny, it's not even walking."

1 comment:

Kendra said...

HA! I got a good laugh out of this one. So adorable.....
Kiddos are so funny.

I like how you said "Ah Crap". I say Crap a lot and everyone thinks it is awful to say! Glad to know I'm not the only one. lol