5.30.2008

Fight the Frump - flat irons



Alright Ladies, it's Fight the Frump day! I missed last week's, but I'm back today!

Being Asian, I have (un)naturally curly frizzy hair and I've always wanted silky straight hair. Growing up (even up till today) people always think that I perm my hair.

"What? Are they crazy??"
Who'd want this (ok, I'd kill for her thighs, but that's a different post all together.)
And seriously, I look like this in the morning....



So after years of long search of a good flat iron, I found these that are quite good...



This one is Chi flat iron. Here's what they claim...

"The CHI Ceramic Hairstyling Iron 1" is the #1 selling iron in the professional beauty industry today. It is a lightweight professional salon model with an ergonomic design. This iron provides ceramic technology for flash quick heating and temperature control. The CHI Ceramic Hairstyling Iron creates silky, shiny hair and its versatile heat settings allows you to straighten, curl, flip or straighten you hair. "






And this one is GHD ceramic flat iron ....

"The unique ceramic technology heats this iron up to its maximum temperature in seconds; locks in moisture, natural oils, and hair color for total hair protection; and creates the straightest, sleekest locks as well as fantastic curls, twists, and flicks. .... blah blah blah..."

So, here I am pondering over should I spend over $100+ over the Chi or the GHD which is at a whooping $200+? So one day As I was shopping at my fav store, Target I found this one by Revlon ... Which claims... " 1" ceramic plates• Quick, even heating with no hot spots• 25 variable heat settings• Curved edges for curling ends of hair "

Ok... here's what I've determined what I wanted in my new flat iron...

1. 1" wide since the smaller the width, the better control I have.
2. Ceramic plates which gives me even heating.
3. Quick heat up - "All you Mommies know, the time you have primping your hair is counted by the seconds before one of your kids are going to call for you."
4. I wanted curved edges so I can better get the ends of my hair to curl in or out as I wish.

So with all that listed out, I compared the three... You've guess it! I went with the Revlon Perfect Heat Pro (at only $25.99!) I've had it for a couple of months now and it has been working really well. The quick heat up even provides me the ability to do quick touch-ups during the day without having to wait a few minutes for the plates to heat up.

So now ... I can look like this....





For more Frump Fighting from the other ladies, check out Fussy's!






9 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

If that one goes out on you go with the CHI I love it! Its my favorite we actually have two of them in the house. :)

Amy Fox said...

like your post.
~Amy

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

Dude. 2 flat iron frump posts today. It's a sign for frizzy women everywhere.

Miss Lisa said...

I may be one of the few people that do not need a flat iron; my hair is flatter than an ironed bed sheet and ya know what--I HATE IT! I need a Revlon waver ;)

Funny how sometimes the cheaper tool is better!

Anjie said...

I have straightish hair, but if I let it air dry, I get these funky spots that need the flat iron to make them look good.
If mine goes out I'll have to get that one...thanks for doing the research for us!

mah-meeee said...

shb, wow, i totally didn't even see that there is already a post on flat irons!

oops!

Unknown said...

How do you find time to flat iron?????

Michelle@Life with Three said...

The only time my hair ever had curl was when I was pregnant. Before and after that time, it's stick straight. My only hope of achieving a little "bend" is if I sleep on my hair wrong. :)

Sarah said...

I have to straighten my hair every single day. It isn't actually cury, or at least not cute curly, it is more just constant friz. I will have to look into the Revlon iorn because I have been fighting back the urge for the Chi for some time...guess this would be worth it to try and save all that money!