At first it was all so cute when my then 2.5 year old came home from Disneyland wanting to watch High School Musical 2. However, now almost a year later - not so cute anymore.
I guess during our trip there last year, Disneyland had a HSM2 parade that really made an impact on Ash. She danced to the music and really had alot of fun! What I did not expect was that she would become completely infatuated with it. I think I've watch HSM2 over and over again that I can't get the songs out of my head. Here are the pictures of the parade ....
So when did 3.5 year olds become a pre-teen? When did she go from ponies and Winnie the Pooh to HSM2? Did I just fail as a parent?
Oh, but we're still big on princesses.... Disney sure knows how to cash in on the kiddos! I wonder how many Disney products we have at home. Wait, I don't want to know.

10 comments:
My 4 1/2 yr old likes HSM, too not 2, just the original and she loves Princess, too.
We haven't made it to Disneyland yet, we're saving that until the little one is at least 4 :-)
oh good.... i thought i was the only one with a little one that watches these hsm movies.
she likes hsm2 because that was what was featured when we went to disneyland. she won't stop singing the songs!
oh your daughter is going to love disneyland. try booking her a princess lunch/dinner at ariel's grotto (you should do this ahead of time since they get booked up quick. i book them before my trips.) they have princesses come out to meet you during your meal.
My older two are into HSM/HSM2 more than the little one. My 4 YO is still all about Cinderella. I think all the other Princess movies scare her so she's unable to watch the movies all the way through. She only knows the stories because she'll allow me to READ them to her. =)
There is a little girl across the street who always has the HSM/HSM2 music blaring from her little cd player as she performs the routines on their porch. It's the cutest thing!
Disney -- it's impossible to get away from it! We're all about the princesses here and my oldest two really got into Peter Pan for a while. They haven't seen HSM yet, but I liked it! Of course, I haven't been forced to watch it as many times as you have! :)
Reading this makes me so grateful that my daughter isn't old enough to get it quite yet, but at the same time it makes me cringe for what is it to come. :/
LOL my girls are older and in the 'target market' for HSM2 so you can believe we all know every word to both HSMs! They are pretty good tunes after the first thousand times or so...
We already have a countdown for HSM3 :0
I haven't seen HSM, but I hand out the stickers sometimes. At least no one in that cast has posed naked/gotten pregnant.
-n
Gee I hear ya! All my kids love HSM...even my Superhero likes it.
It is cute though.
I loved Grease when I was younger. Is that kind of the same thing???
The funny thing is, is that my 13 almost 14 year old likes the movie, but is not even remotely obsessed with it. I think its a younger kid thing. I really don't know alot of teenagers who are, just the ones about 11 and under.
Oh now I miss Disneyland! We were there in February!
Post a Comment