Do you fear? After I became a parent I started to fear....
The fear of dying....
I never fear or even thought of my own passing, until I had kids.
Now, every couple of days when I hear of some one's passing, I can't help but think about me. WHAT IF?
What if I get into an accident?
What if I suffer from a disease? What if ?????
What IF?
What would you do?
What do you tell yourself when thought like this come through your head?
* Have I ever told ya'll that you gals are like a support group for me? Women that I admire, women that I strive to become, women that have my same priorities (family!), and women that are just fascinating. *

13 comments:
Fear? Oh, yeah! As soon as I gave birth to my first child, it was like a microchip was planted in my brain. I can now imagine the worst possible scenario in every situation. I constantly fear things -- death, injury, illness. You name it. I have to keep giving it up to God -- sometimes every five minutes -- and remind myself that fear prevents me from living the life God wants me to live.
Ultimately, I think it comes down to a control issue. I want to control everything. I have to remind myself that God is in control, He will work all things to good, and I need to put my full trust in Him. When I give in to the fear, I'm only believing lies -- lies that will rob me of happiness in the present moment. (Hmmmm...sounds like a good potential blog post!)
great reminder michelle! it's always so easy to forget to trust in God and he'll take care of the rest.
happy weekend!
Girlfriend,
I am so with you on this. Many times I have said, prior to adopting Bella I could count on one hand the things that I worried about, now I worry about EVERYTHING!!! Truly EVERYTHING.
For me the change was that fact that I now had someone watching my every step, taking it all in and then doing exactly what I did ~ the good,the bad and the down right ugly. It was mind blowing.
You are a mom and I think worring comes with this role, but I have learned these simply truths~
Because of Bella I want to be better, because of Bella I want to show grace under pressure (even under the pressure of worring) and becuase of Bella I want to show that I have faith in my Heavenly Father and live knowing that He knows all and He is in control ~ So because of Bella I worry but becuase of her I strive to move past that worry and rely on faith. (it is a daily battle!!)
Your last part of your comment was so sweet. I feel the same way you do and my friend you are one of those women that I admire!!! Thank you for being so open!!!
I do too. Too much.
But mostly I fear anything happening to my daughter and how all the life would leave me for awhile. It is just terrible imagining these things.
And life is so precious.
That worry set in early for us. I was an anxious bundle of nerves throughout our pregnancy with Ladybug, simply because of what had happened with our first daughter. And I have daily fears, not necessarily for my life, but for hers. BUT, I have to put my trust in God, that He is in control and I don't have to be. That's is the only thing that keeps me sane some days.
Hey there! It's so normal to worry about our little ones, but I agree we do need to just give it to the man upstairs. He is the one in control. I am a Very controling person & I have to remind myself hourly to let go & let God!
I dont know if I fear so much as I get nervous. I have no doubt that everything that work out fine if I weren not still the current epi-center of my family, but I would be nervous about how things would turn out. I think thats really a control issue for me though.
I've gott bigger problems with "mama guilt"
I went through a weird time where I worried something would take me away from my daughter before I taught her everything she needs to know to feel confident in life. It was when my health was very poor. Now I don't have those thoughts so much. I just try to enjoy where we are.
Ditto to what Michelle@Life With Three said.
My friend once told me she sometimes wished she hadn't had a child because it hurts so much to love her. I get that now.
Michelle at the top has the best advice. Things that big are in God's hands. There is no use worrying. I know there is a verse in Matthew about this--Matt 6:25.
Remember worrying never helps a situation.
I have to agree with you ~ I fear that all the time. I know that Michelle and Lisa are right but I still fear that nobody could love my children the way that I love them. Plus missing out on their every moments of life terrifies me. I do have to say that I worry less now than I did a few years ago. I know my husband is a wonderful father and would take great care of my ... um our kids.
Good post sweetie.
I must tell you now how amazing I think you are! I love reading your blog ~ You are a fabulous "Blog" friend! :)
Hope your week is going well.
I didn't really know this fear until I became a mother; it's true, once you become a parent you start facing a bit of your own mortality. I think it's only natural; your instinct is for survival because you've got to take care of your young.
We put off having our wills drawn up for way too long, but finally did in the interest of the kids after the little one was born.
Whenever I have these thoughts, I think of my husband, my family and the support that we really have. I am naturally a worrier, but I really try not to dwell on this; it makes me feel better when I know that my kids would have the support.
And that is sweet that you see the blog community as a support network.. it really is, isn't it?
Great post!
Post a Comment