6.25.2008

out of the mouth of babes

"Mommy, when I get bigger can you buy me big boobies?"

"Huh? Honey, you don't buy boobies. You'll get them when you get older."

"But I'm older now, how come I only have little boobies?"

"When you get much older, sweetie. "

"But I'm older!!" said Ash now visibly annoyed.

"Much older, like Mommy."

She 'humphed' and sat in silence.
About half an hour later, she said to me....

"Mommy, what's a husband?"

"Honey, Daddy is Mommy's husband."

"I want a husband too."

"When you get bigger, you will have a husband some day."

"No, I want one now!"

"Sweetie..."

"Fine. NOW can I have big boobies?"

I was speechless.....

15 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Oh it starts young :)

By the way I'm still waiting for mine and I am older :o)

Anonymous said...

You're in SO much trouble! That child is far too smart. I love wanting big boobies. Too funny!

Karen MEG said...

Scary thing is you CAN actually buy bigger boobies!!! I won't tell her though LOL! I would have bought some myself, but now that I have kids I don't want to send the wrong message ;)
She is cute, though. Persistent!!

elexisb said...

Hahahaha!!!

And.... What Valarie said!

Karen MEG said...

I've tagged you for a meme, BTW, only if you want to do it!

Anonymous said...

OH MY HONEY~ bot only is she cute as a button she is smart!!! Get ready, for I believe you are going to have MANY fun (and funny) conversations like this one with Ash!!!

Thank you for the laugh!!!!!

Unknown said...

Little does she realize the trouble that both will cause in her life! What a funny girl!

DD said...

Brilliance takes so many forms. ;)

with the walk on water thing. Just get a storage tub thats not got really high sides. Then cover the bottom with water about 1" high. then pour in a box of cornstarch and stir, do that same thing over and over until you have the cornstarch about 3" deep. It took be about 12 boxes of corn starch. Then you just leave about 2" of water on the top so they can see its liquid.

Miss Lisa said...

Oh my she IS starting young--you my dear are going to have a handful ;)

ink said...

did she get the idea that big boobies are good because of you, dear cousin? how did you end up with the big boobie gene?! SHARE.

Tara said...

Uh... I'm still waiting for big ones...

Michelle@Life with Three said...

I'm with Tara -- I'm still waiting, too! :) Your daughter says the funniest things. She must crack you up daily!

Unknown said...

When I was little I was convinced that one morning I was going to just wake up and they would just POP out. I told my mother this when I was about 4 or 5 and she has had laugh ammunition from it ever since. :)

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Oh,I laughed at the "I'm still waiting comments." I have the husband, but I guess I'm with the "still waiting" crowd.

SherE1 said...

Well.... that kinda sucks that MY boobies don't inspire my kids to want to have any. Do they even notice that I have any? Yeah, that's how small they are - ha!