6.06.2008

what renders me sleepless

So, do you want to know why I am up at 2am on a Friday morning?

So as you all know, my kids goes to day care. Lately, I have just been overwhelmed by the desire to just quit my lucrative job and stay home with them.

If only I could win the lottery or something then this would be a no-brainer.



1. C seems to be only happy when Mommy is around her.

2. Somehow C's eczema is better at home under close watch.

3. Time is flying by and C is our last baby.


However ...


4. A loves her day care. She loves all her friends there and have such a good time!


BUT....

5. Lately A has been coming home with a few bites on her legs here and there. They seem to itch like heck and after it came and gone, leave little marks ... that hopefully goes away.


And today ...

6. I mean seriously, I think I counted like 6 bites today on her legs and see the little brown marks? They are the remains of the bites before. Does anyone know what they are? Are they flea bites? ant bites? bug bites? I mean I have been sending her there in jeans, so I'm guessing probably not mosquito bites!




This my dear is what keeps me up at 2am!

11 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Is your job, where you could either go part-time, or better yet can you do it from home? Maybe link up a computer to your office?

Mines not unfortunately, or I would be doing my job at home. :(

mah-meeee said...

yeah, neither can i. or else i'd be working from home too... :(

Sarah said...

Oh no! Her poor little legs. I know that when I have a baby it will be hard to keep working as well, but unfortunatly our life requires us both to work right now...Not sure what the bites are. we both know I am not an expert! :)

Unknown said...

I bet they're some sort of flea or chigger bite. If they were ants she would most likely notice them immediately when she got bit and actually see the ant.

I'd be talking to that day care and pointing those bites out. They need to take care of that.

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend,

I've have had my share of sleepless nights as well. It is so though to go to work each day and leave Bella ~ in what are very capable hands but not mine~ I know what you are going through!!! Next time I am awake at 2:00I will think of you and pray for peace, Please do the same for me.

Have a blessed weekend,

Krista

Michelle@Life with Three said...

I have no idea on the bites. My oldest got a bunch of weird bites a couple weeks ago that flared her eczema like nobody's business -- and my son got some, too. I ended taking them into the doctor just to make sure it wasn't anything weird (there was a community wide scabies outbreak happening at the same time -- I know, ick). The doctor said they were just bug bites, probably of the gnat or flea variety.

Kendra said...

Oh no. That is awful. Are you going to take her to the doctor? Good luck finding out...I'd be up at night too.

Alicia said...

Yeah, I'd point that out to the daycare, too, and then let them know what the doctor says about the bites. Poor little one; eczema is so tricky. Good luck.

Sheila said...

Hey! Thanks for checking out my Blog. I will have to go & see if they serve it here. We are in the Sac area. Ta Ta for now!

DD said...

they look like chigger bites to me. If you put some clear fingernail polish on top of them they will stop itching.

SherE1 said...

I've never seen a chigger bite but looks like flea bites to me. My kids used to get them even wearing pants. i HATE fleas! Hope the problem gets resolved!