7.03.2008

birthday planning season

** Have you check out my first giveaway yet?? If not, what are you waiting for? Chance for free stuff. Who doesn't like free stuff? ;) **



So it's that time of the year for me again. Every year, I have to agonize what to do for princess Ash's birthday.

First we were just going to have a few friends over at the park for a bbq.

Then the princess decided that she'd rather have them come over our place for a princess dress up party. So extensive thinking went into this planning. I'd plan to make a big castle entrance out of large cardboard in our foyer. Then have the toy room emptied out to set up princess dress up trunk, mirrors, makeup, and such. I even contemplated what to feed our guests ...

Then last weekend we went to gymnastics party. The princess reserved the right to change her mind.

So she now wants a gymnastic party. I'm still working out the details, but I'm all for throwing a party where no work is involved for me. It'll be 20 kids tiring themselves out with gymnastic routines. Followed by pizza, juice, and cake... all cleaned up and set up by the gymnastics place.

SOLD!

Then we talked about her guest list....

"Honey, who do you want to invite to your birthday party?"
"Hmmmm..."
"Hannah, Clara, Victoria, Amanda..."
"All girls? What about the boys?"
"No. No boys.... wait. Jack."
"Only Jack?"
"Yeah, he's my boyfriend."

I sat there not knowing to laugh or cry.

So the day care ladies told me that if you ask Jack ... Ash is his girlfriend. Sigh... might as well, at least Jack is a good little boy.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a shocker isn't it? :) Luckily at their age I don't think it means much more than they like each other. So cute.

So I guess Ash decided she like gymnastics now?

Tara said...

What a generous mama you are. If it were me, I'd change the theme to "convent," keep the list to all girls and feed them bread and water. Well no, I wouldn't, either. I'd probably let my little princess have whatever kind of party she wanted, too.
Happy 4th.

Unknown said...

We are going to TRY to keep most birthdays to just family. Then on special birthdays (5,8,12, etc) have a big party for Ladybug's friends. Don't ask me why those birthdays are more special. I think that's how it was for me growing up.

My point: I just can't see myself doing a big party for friends every year. I just can't. That might change, but I hope not.

Sarah said...

Well the princess party sounded amazing and like a TON of work! Go with the gymnastics...they will all LOVE it and much much less work for Mom!!

Oh and I just so love Ash...it actually made me laugh out loud when she said she needed to invite her boyfriend!

Unknown said...

Hmmm. Better watch out for this Jack, especially once you buy Ash some boobies.

Anonymous said...

That is TOO cute about her boyfriend!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Oh the drama involved with party planning -- my daughter changes her mind so many times, I can't keep up. You're smart to go with the gymnastics theme, though. That sounds like the ideal scenario!

And the boyfriend comment? She is too much!!! :)

Miss Lisa said...

I love those places that do it all for you--definately the better option :)

And of course she wants her boyfriend at her party--she'd be such a bad girlfriend if she didn't ;)

Kendra said...

Boyfriends...enjoy it while it is still innocent and sweet!
I have to agree with you, I never know whether to laugh or cry when my kids talk about this stuff. My husband has a nervous breakdown every time Maggie talks about boys. :) lol

I am planning my superhero’s birthday party right now too. His b-day is 7-15. Laser Tag is what we are doing....Ohhh Lord help me!