
I have always been an animated book reader.
It started out fine until the princess got into the Fancy Nancy books. I am now so sick of reading those Fancy Nancy books, yet I am so good at it.
Somehow, I am 'tres' good at reading those books in what I picture Fancy Nancy would sound like.
Now the princess is addicted to reading in the same tone I read to her. She is obsessed in me reading to her and she would read the same book back to me and everyone that is willing to listen.

It's bitter sweet really. I am soooo tired of reading in that 'posh'-little-girl tone of what I envision Fancy Nancy would sound like, but yet so rewarding when the princess would tell me, "Mommy, I LOVE to read!"
What books does your little ones like to read? Any suggestions for me on books that will possibly interest my princess like the Fancy Nancy books?

7 comments:
Oh, we are just getting into Fancy Nancy. Have you tried the Kevin Henkes books? Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse and Chrysanthamum are my personal favorites.
Hmmm we didn't have Fancy Nancy books.
Oh, too cute. Mine rotate what they like. Right now they are into The Berenstain Bears.
Oh! We LOVE Fancy Nancy around here! I have a "Fancy Nancy voice" too! I would definitely second Jennie's vote -- Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse and Lilly's Big Day (just read that one for the first time today!) are great. Pretty much anything by Kevin Henkes.
Kevin Henkes is our author of the month this month in my class. His stories are great! Also check out the Madeline books. Ludwig Bemelmans wrote the first one, but I think there is someone else writing more in the series now.
Funny you ask. My Nina was just remembering how much she loved the Robert Munsch books. Kevin Henkes was a favorite, too.
What about the Frances books by Russell Hoban?
I can't believe I forgot about Pinkalicious! So fit for a princess! http://www.amazon.com/Pinkalicious-Victoria-Kann/dp/0060776390
There is also a Purplicious, but it's not as good.
Post a Comment