1.20.2009

knee deep in vomit

*image borrowed via yahoo-search*


Are you wondering where I've been? (maybe not... but whatever ...)

This has been a really long holiday season and will be a long winter.


Right before Christmas, Ash came down with the stomach bug and it was not pretty. Then she followed that up with an ear infection that she refuse to take the meds for.


And now, Court has the stomach bug. How can a 13 month old get the stomach bug?? Poor thing doesn't understand why she is vomiting and why she is not allowed her usual favorites like cheese, yogurt, and milk.


It was a long weekend for hubby and I where we had to try to calm baby Court down from her angry cries for milk. She was only allotted 2 tsp of pedialyte every 5 to 10 minutes for 4 hours if she doesn't vomit. Every time, once we thought we were in the clear, she would throw up.... and thus the 2tsp-pedialyte-for-4-hours cycle restarts again. She is still home today and not in daycare. Hubby had to 'work from home' to care for her while I go to work.


I feel so bad for the girls... I'd rather be the one that get the stomach flu instead of them. I can take it.


Or maybe I'm secretly Emily from The Devil Wears Prada.
"I'm only one stomach flu away from my target weight..."

Now now, don't leave me angry comments. I'm just kidding.

4 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

Oh no! I hope everyone gets well soon!

Unknown said...

Every time I've ever had a stomach flu I always secretly can't wait to weigh myself when it's over.

It's so sick.

Sick babies are the worst though. I know the feeling of wanting to just take it all away from them. :( Hope Court gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

I am dealing with the same thing too!!! It's both of my kids AND my hubby!!! I can totally relate to you. Take good care of yourself and stay strong and healthy!!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Well, doesn't that sound familiar! :) I know your pain, girlfriend. Hang in there!