1.13.2009

looking for recipes

I've been really into salads lately. However, I have never been a terrific salad tosser... I recently attended a church function and they have this yummy tasting broccoli raisin salad. However I can't find who made it...

Any ideas? Recipes that you can share?

** and yes, I have been slacking on my blog posting... in a slump again!**

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that one! But when I make it, I don't use a recipe.

Broccoli, sunflower seeds, raisins, bacon bits and coleslaw dressing. Mmmmm!

Juice said...

Cooking Light has a fruited slaw recipe that is amazing. And my fallback "fancy" salad is a bag of spring greens, julienned fennel bulb, dried cranberries, pine nuts (or walnuts) and some parmesan shavings.

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Here's my favorite broccoli salad recipe. I'll give you the real deal version and then the way I make it in parenthesis:

2 bunches fresh broccoli
1/2 red onion (I use Vidalia or sweet)
1/2 c. golden raisins
6 slices bacon (I use turkey bacon)
1 c. mayo (I use 1/2 cup plain yogurt and 1/2 cup light mayo)
1/2 c. sugar (I use 1/4 cup)
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar

Cut up broccoli. Cut onion into thin rings. Cook bacon crisp & crumble. Combine the first 4 ingredients. Mix dressing & toss with broccoli mixture.

Oh, and another salad I make that I love is this Orzo Salad. Here's the link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/everyday-italian/orzo-salad-recipe/index.html

Anonymous said...

Michelle's recipe is almost exactly what mine is. I use a packaged broccoli slaw mix, just to save time.