1.05.2009

tough two weeks

I was talking to a friend regarding parenting. It reminded me that we have had a tough two weeks - health and emotionally.

Ash had the stomach bug at the beginning of the two weeks. That meant vomit and lots of whining and me worrying about her food and fluid intake.

Then she caught a nasty cold that lead to a ear infection. The ear infection that she refused to take meds for. The antibiotics that the doctor prescribed. (Here's where the emotionally draining part comes in.) Hubby and I tried and tried and tried.... we pleaded, got mad, lectured, bribed... nothing worked.

Now she somehow got over the ear infection... she got the stomach bug again.

We are very very tired.

But as a wise lady I work with at church always reminds me and I passed on to my dear friend.

"This too, shall pass."

2 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Bless her heart! I hope she feels better. :)

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Your friend is right. It does pass. Although, when you're going through it, it feels like it will never end. Hang in there!