9.24.2009

the night that cable was out....

Last night some time after dinner ... our cable went out. Since we have a bundle deal, that means our phone was out, cable was out, and internet was out.

Nightmare.

NO INTERNET!!!!

What am I suppose to do during my down time without the internet?? I had a mini panic session until I decided to just deal with it. At least we have electricity and water - the two that I wouldn't know what to do without!

But it turned out to be an excellent night. We all sat down and watched Tinerbelle, read books, and had lots of fun.

The cable eventually came back on, just right after the kids went to bed... awesome. Although I missed the results night on Dancing with the Stars, at least hubby and I spent the whole time with the kids... not supervising them, but playing and just spending good quality time with them.

If I didn't experience last night's cable-void, I wouldn't have realized how much time I actually spend sitting in front of the computer...

Speaking of which... I'm off.... getting off this computer and have some fun with the kids.

C - YA!

2 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Ours went out Sunday morning, and I had two baptism testimonies I was supposed to print out to read at church that day.

I thought I had them saved well by keeping them in my Email, but I was wrong.

There were some people I could have called to print them out for me, but I didn't have their numbers in my phone and I could not access whitepages.com.

Oh how we rely on the Net!

But times without it are so good too, and we can't forget that.

Anonymous said...

No internet???? Horrors!