9.15.2009

veggies

I've been on a mission to get the family to eat more veggies ... so far, it has been going well. I've successfully gotten the kids to eat zucchinis, squashes, and spinach without complaining.

So I've read somewhere that I can use kale in replacement where I use spinach and should turn out the same... However I'm finding that the texture of kale is a harder sell to the kids even though it does take on the seasonings well like spinach.

Do you have a good recipe/tips for kale that might be palatable for the kids? Do you have any dark greens that you recommend for me to try on the kids?

Just throwing some random thoughts out there tonight as I contemplate in attacking the task of going to sleep.

4 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

If they're eating spinach, why substitute with kale? I need to know because I know little about veggies.

mah-meeee said...

i think nutrition wise, there isn't much difference. but i wanted to expose them to different dark leafy veggies.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

You are a good mom!

Got two of my fave kids' books to send. They'll be in the mail on Sat.(In the mail at this end...)

Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to find a recipe for kale that I like, let alone kids! Best of luck with that!