1.03.2010

the sweetest thing

** No, not the movie, silly! **

Tonight, as I put the princess on a time out for her 'bad attitude,' her lil sis sat on the kiddie couch very silently.

As the timeout ended, I gave my speech to the princess about the bad attitude. She then went to join her lil sis.

baby C: Ashley, you okay?
princess A: *nothing*

C: Ash, you okay?
A: *sniffs* Yeah.

C: Here, baby. (She was saving Ashley's baby doll while she was on timeout)
A: Thank you. (more sniffling)

C: L-come.

And baby C places her head on princess A's shoulders as they sat on the couch cuddling.


Made me misty... really.
That's what I wanted... sisters that love each other and take care of each other. Hopefully they will be close like this for the rest of their lives.

4 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Brad's grandgirls are sweet like this. Something about sisters...

(Mine is nine years younger, and we don't know each other at all. Sigh.)

Anonymous said...

So sweet!

Anonymous said...

hey - where are you?

SherE1 said...

Aw, that's a sweet story! Jacob will try to comfort Katelyn when she's upset too. Of all his sisters, that's who he is closest to (I'm sure because they are closest in age). I love it!