1.18.2010

weather-wimp

Have you ever heard that Californians are weather wimps? Well, I'll be the first to admit that growing up in Cali, I didn't have to deal with much changes in the weather. At work, we constantly joke about how Californians are such weather wimps because when there is a little rain, the traffic slows to a crawl...


Well, it no longer is a joke to me. Because I'll be the first to admit that I AM a weather-wimp. And this weather-wimp's car skidded and hit the center divide on the bridge yesterday as the storm came in.

WITH the kids IN the car.

But no worries, they are fine... although my car is not.

Don't be fooled... it doesn't look that bad in the pic, but the front is definitely damaged with the hood crumpled in. And the car drove with a terrifying noise and it escalates as the speed gets higher. So now, the car is in the shop... I'm hoping it's not going to cost me an arm and a leg.



Anyhow, the storm came in nice and strong today.




The kids were bored to tears...
baby court was just moping around like Linus with her blankie.


Princess Ash really caught the hand-held game fever.
We had to limit how much time she plays and she was definitely not thrilled with that...

Baby Court's mopey mood was cured by some home made chocolate-chip cupcakes.


Me... I was moping around home with some head aches and body soreness. Stayed home from work today to rest my body and besides I just couldn't get myself out there to drive in the rain.

Not yet.
Not so soon.


Hubby promised to chauffeur me to and from work tomorrow as the storm was predicted to hang around for a few more days.



4 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Thirty two years of Chicago weather driving, and I haven't had a wreck...yet. It's bound to happen. My brother has had about five, and none were his fault (not that it matters).

You may just have to get back on that horse as I hear it rains a lot in your neck of the woods.

Hm, can I squeeze any other hokey idioms in this one comment?

Take care, rest your bones.

SherE1 said...

Glad that you and the kids were ok!! Yes, it IS hard for us Californians when the weather veers from 70 and sunny! That's why we pay the big bucks to live here! =) Hope you feel better soon!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Freezing rain was predicted for last night, but when I finally left school, it wasn't too bad. Then I got home to our slightly inclined driveway...EEK! I didn't think I was going to be able to get into the garage. Pretty sure one could have skated on the thing...had to power down to first gear, make sure I was aligned with the door. When I got in, Brad said, "What was that sound? It sounded like someone's wheels spinning." YEAH! Mine!
;)

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your accident! Glad the kiddos are ok and I'm hoping you are feeling better soon.